Cooking in a tiny, tipping galley kitchen hundreds of miles from a grocery store takes some getting used to. Practical recipes, essential equipment and tips help make this less formidable.
These are the elements of our galley:
- two burner stove and oven (propane)
- sink with sea water and fresh water foot pumps
- ice box which slowly converts itself to warm box
- inverter for very occasional 110 device usage
- thermos for making yogurt
- sprout devices for growing greens
- vacuum sealer
- bins, drawers and shelves for storing food, spices and supplies
- provisioning spreadsheet for making sense of it all
In the posts in this section I share the ideas that have helped me keep us fed while crossing oceans. Please share your ideas and questions and tips!